For 25 years, the StairMaster StepMill has been called the toughest workout in the gym. The StepMill is easy to recognize - it's the piece of cardio equipment that looks brutal compared to all the others, with a revolving set of 8-inch stairs that closely duplicates the workout of actual stair climbing. Each time you mount the StepMill, the unit's electronically controlled, chain-driven alternator precisely controls the pedal descent, allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones. The resulting step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute will strengthen your legs, boost your cardio, and challenge even the fittest of users.
The new StepMill 5 offers the core mechanics of our previous models wrapped in a stylish look and enhanced functionality to create a next-generation experience. It offers plenty of workout options, with such programs as quick start, manual, fat burner, calorie burner, intervals, bell-shaped, build,steady, and heart rate zone trainer. The console also offers a nationally recognized multi-stage fitness test that gauges your individual progress, along with a custom firefighter test (CPAT) that measures your cardiopulmonary endurance and muscular strength. (Firefighting is considered one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America, which is why the CPAT is such a natural fit with the StepMill.) Finally, with the new D-1 console it's easy to track your progress thanks to the easy-to-read backlit 2 window LCD display, which tracks your speed, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, and much more.
Additional features include Polar-compatible wireless heart rate monitoring; ergonomically designed handrails for support; dual water bottle holders, reading rack, and accessory tray that are positioned within easy reach; and a 350-pound capacity.
- Easy-to-read two window backlit LCD console displays time, interval timer, level (1-20), heart rate, calories, floors climbed, floors per minute, watts, METs and workout profile.
- 10 programmed workouts include Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Intervals, Bell-Shaped, Build, Mystery Challenge, Steady, and Heart Rate Zone Trainer.
- Fitness tests include Multi-stage CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Test.
- iPod charging cable is included to charge iPod/iPad/iPhone devices.
- Revolving staircase with 8in high and 9in deep steps most closely duplicates the workout of real stair climbing.
- Staircase revolves at speeds varying from 26 to 162 steps per minute.
- Smooth stepping action comes from the electronically controlled alternator with chain drive that precisely controls the pedal descent allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones.
- Quieter step design improves fluidity of stepping motion and provides added cushion for joints.
- Broad oval handrails are ergonomically designed providing comfortable hand support.
- Step –up assistant allows easy access to mount and dismount the machine.
- Dual oversized water bottle holders near the console allow easy access without interfering with workout space.
- Polar compatible telemetry heart rate monitoring.
- Requires a minimum ceiling height of 10 feet
- Step rate: 26 to 162 steps per minute
- Power requirements: 110 V
- Maximum user weight: 350 lbs
- Product dimensions: 58in L x 34in W x 89in H
- Machine weight: 343 lbs